We are looking for a Lego Robotics & Coding Facilitator to work with some of our groups.
The Lego Robotics and Coding Facilitator will develop and implement our Coder Dojo Clubs, which are situated in existing Autism West afterschool groups servicing young people with an Autism Spectrum Disorder between the ages of 10 to 18 years.
As the Lego Robotics & Coding Facilitator, you will use the special interest model and work in collaboration with the young people to explore technology in a project based approach.
- Design program, review policies and procedures.
- Working within budget
- Implement various activities by supervising the participants.
- Preparing materials and setting the environment for the activities and packing up after the activities.
- Technical knowledge of beginner coding applications such as Python, SCRATCH, Game-Maker
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with working with young people.
- Experience or qualification in education support, disability, or similar highly desirable.
- Knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorder desirable.
- Ability to work and contribute to the Mission/Values of Autism West and ability to act in accordance with the standards of behaviour outlined in the Autism West Code of Conduct.
- Must have a reliable car, expected to transport equipment to groups offsite.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $35.00 /hour
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
Coding: 2 years
Lego Robotics: 2 years
Required licence or certification: Drivers Licence
For more information and to apply refer to the job advertisement