We run Lego robotics and coding workshops in Perth, north and south of the river.
With the ever increasing dependence on technology, coding is a beneficial skill to learn for not only personal use, but for the work force too. The YES Groups and Awesome Groups run Lego robotics and Coding workshops, in addition to their regular workshops. These groups explore coding, Lego robotics and other things technical.
We aim for the workshops to open up opportunities to connect with the local community, enabling those involved to meet other young people throughout Perth who also enjoy technology. Individuals can choose to attend coding only or can participate in a coding workshop in addition to the regular social groups.
Robotics is a CONCRETE and TANGIBLE way to build and strengthen cognitive development, as well as other academic areas such as mathematics, engineering, communication skills, strategic thinking and goal-oriented thinking.
- Actively become involved in their own learning process
- Build engineering intuition through constant engineering process
- Emphasise meaningful problem-based learning thru integration and application of knowledge
- Develop their interests in math and scientific technology
- Engage children in complex, strategic problem-solving, computational thinking and higher-order thinking – pre-requisite in successful in research in science and engineering
- Cultivate the passion to success, make achieving goals as a habit
- Being active life-time learner
- Build the ability to think through problems strategically with a focus on logical reasoning, analytical reasoning, and critical thinking. This ability is required not only in critical science fields, but a lot other professional areas as well
- Prepare for the competitive workforce, especially in science technology; which is and will be in great demand
- Equip children with the skills to be readily applied and transferable to various industries, not just robotics or science.
To find out more about our Lego Robotics and Coding Workshops, contact us now.