We are recruiting a Digital Media Facilitator to work with some of our groups.
If you are passionate about enhancing the lives of young people with autism, then this is the job for you!
Using a strengths-based approach you will collaborate with young people to explore their interests, design programs, and create a fun, accepting and interactive youth group culture through mentoring, coaching and supporting young individuals with autism.
The Digital Media Facilitator will facilitate a 10 week workshop for individuals aged 10-18 years exploring digital media.
The role is casual, estimated to be 2 hours per week per term across various locations in the metro area (Perth).
As the Digital Media Facilitator, you will develop a ten week long program exploring the interests of our members using digital media, as well as:
- Implement various activities while supervising the participants and volunteers as well as visiting artists/professionals
- Work within a collaborative framework and document sessions
- Work within budget
- Preparing materials and setting the environment for the activities and packing up after the activities.
- Technical knowledge of digital media
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working in a youth work setting
- Awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ability to work and contribute to the Mission/Values of Autism West and ability to act in accordance with the standards of behaviour outlined in the Autism West Code of Conduct
- Drivers licence and a road worthy car
- Working with children check
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $35.00 /hour
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
- Technical knowledge of digital media: 2 years
- Youth work: 2 years
Required licence or certification: Drivers Licence
For more information and to apply refer to the job advertisement