Autism West is seeking an experienced group leader for a pilot program of 10 sessions.
We are seeking an experienced group leader for a pilot of 10 sessions for individuals in a maximum group of 4 to learn organisational and work preparation skills whilst exploring individual creativity with a focus on technology and art.
The Group Leader will ensure that the sessions address individual interests, creating age appropriate, meaningful social experiences for our participants. The group will have a holistic approach to its direction embedded on the participant’s interests.
The Creative Skills Group leader with support from the Operations Manager will plan, manage and facilitate the Creative Skills 10 week pilot for teens and adults with Autism who require one to one support with high needs.
- Using the special interest model, incorporating art and technology the group leader will facilitate sessions whose objective is to create meaningful opportunities for participants.
- Group Leaders will strive to encourage participants to assume as much involvement for their day via apps for scheduling, decision making in activities and outings.
- Supervision of Care Assistants
- Experience in working with persons with a diagnosis of Autism requiring one to one support
- Knowledge of Youth Work
- Extensive experience with working with young adults with behavioural challenges
- Excellent communication abilities with clients with minimal language
- Tertiary qualification in a caring profession with a youth work focus
- Ability to work and contribute to the Mission/Values of Autism West and ability to act in accordance with the standards of behaviour outlined in the Autism West Code of Conduct.
Employment Period: 5 hours – Friday (incl: 1 hour planning), 10 Weeks Commencing 28th April
Location: Autism West, 8/62 McCabe Street, Mosman Park
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $31.96 /hour
Required licences or certifications:
- Senior First Aid
- Drivers Licence
- Police Clearance
Applications close 14 April 2017. Submit your applications here.
For further information about the role, please contact Louise Sheehy on firstname.lastname@example.org (08) 9383 6123.